AOC is one of those people that like to talk a mile a minute while at the same time, doesn’t fully realize how silly she sounds when she talks.
She acts as if she is the expert on everything under the sun but at the end of it all, she is one of those people that is just good at talking as if she knows everything. Truth be told, she wouldn’t know what she was talking about if her life depended on it.
The way the accuses people of handling COVID makes me wonder how exactly she has handled her own house.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez likes criticizing Republicans, particularly President Donald Trump, over their handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Oct. 6, for instance, AOC criticized Trump for advising Republicans to hold off on negotiating a COVID-19 relief package until after the presidential election given House Leader Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Democrats’ radical partisanship during stimulus negotiations.
“What an anti-everybody agenda looks like,” the New York Democrat tweeted Oct. 6.
“The President & GOP are walking away from getting ANY COVID stimulus relief done, effectively endangering millions, after *they* themselves got COVID & enjoyed free socialized healthcare, so they can push through an anti-ACA SCOTUS pick.”
But Ocasio-Cortez has little room to criticize Republicans for how they’ve handled the pandemic and its effects, especially considering that New York’s 14th Congressional District, which she represents, has seen the highest per capita coronavirus confirmed death rate in the country.
In fact, according to Harvard University’s COVID-19 Metrics for United States Congressional Districts project, the five deadliest districts for coronavirus-related deaths as of the end of September are all represented by Democrats:
5. New York’s 5th Congressional District, represented by Democratic Rep. Gregory Meeks (in office since 1998): 2.60 confirmed COVID deaths per 1,000 residents.
4. New York’s 9th Congressional District, represented by Democratic Rep. Yvette Clark (in office since 2007): 2.63 confirmed COVID deaths per 1,000 people.
3. New York’s 6th Congressional District, represented by Democratic Rep. Grace Meng (in office since 2013): 2.90 confirmed COVID deaths per 1,000 people.
2. New York’s 15th Congressional District, represented by Democratic Rep. José Serrano (in office since 1991): 3.08 confirmed COVID deaths per 1,000 people.
1. New York’s 14th Congressional District, represented by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (in office since 2019): 3.09 confirmed COVID deaths per 1,000 people.
Now, it is worth noting that as members of Congress, AOC and the Democratic representatives mentioned above are, for the most part, not responsible for the COVID-19 deaths in their home districts.