Despite having been pushed out of the White House under fraudulent circumstances, Donald Trump is making sure to keep busy and to keep himself engaged with voters.
He can still run for and be elected to another term. That’s something that Democrats need to realize when they are making their little jokes.
One thing that former Presidents do a lot is that they get into public service and Donald Trump is no exception. Barely a week out of the office and he is already setting something up that is going to be a great benefit to all Americans.
Russ Vought, the Former Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget under President Trump has announced the formation of not one organization but TWO to continue Trump’s policy legacy. Axios has reported that the two groups are The Center for American Restoration and an advocacy arm, America Restoration Action.
Vought published a policy paper on The Federalist, outlining the goals of the new organizations. He meticulously lays out the case that the establishment and “center-right” movement,
“failed to change America’s trajectory. Notwithstanding policy victories on taxes, welfare, and the right to life in the last several decades, the tide of progressive liberalism has not been turned. The commanding heights of culture—the academy, the media, the entertainment industry, elite opinion, etc.—have only gotten stronger and bolder.”.
This necessitates a new organizing power to enable the MAGA movement in a Post-Trump administration mode to continue. Vought continued “The Center for American Restoration exists to provide that footing. Its mission statement is to restore an American consensus of a nation under God with unique interests worthy of defending that flow from its people, institutions, and history, where individuals’ enjoyment of freedom is predicated on just laws and healthy communities.”
The goals of the movement are impressive, here are the bullet-points summarized.
- “Extending the principle of being pro-life to a nationwide enthusiasm for promoting life and increasing the birth rate.”
- “Rejecting the militant “successor ideology” (A termed coined by Wesley Yang a Tablet columnist. Writer Steve Sailer described it more comprehensibly as “Wokeism, Intersectionalism, Diversitarianism, Post-Foucaultism, Titania McGrathism, Anti-Whiteism, Political Correctness, etc etc”)
- “Dampen the power of “cancel culture.”
- “Challenging the policy architecture that has hollowed out productive work for America’s working class and transferred the gains of the American economy to the service-sector elites.”
- “Redeeming the integrity of our election system that has been destroyed by vote-by-mail ballots and voter fraud.”
- “Ending corporate free-riding from anti-competitive market dominance and expensive government subsidies”
- “Fighting for an immigration policy that puts America first.”
- “Developing a strategy that allows for the United States to refine its overseas commitments over time without leaving power vacuums.”
- “Focusing on China as the predominant national security threat for the foreseeable future.”
- “Challenging the misconception that an America First perspective requires big government.”