She Thought Her Baby Had Ringworm On Its Face, Then She Looked At The Pacifier And…


A mom from Michigan is cautioning parents after her 7-months old son suffered from severe chemical born in his face.

With so many cute designs to choose from, it can be hard to find the perfect pacifier for your Baby. That’s why many stick with brands they know and trust—like Philips Avent.

However, pacifiers have been at the center of some very heated debates between parents for quite some time now.

While these soothers can be effective in calming a baby, they seem to do the opposite for some moms and dads, who are conflicted about letting their infants use them.

It’s the cons, like teeth malformation, long-term dependency, and risk of choking, that evoke so many strong feelings whenever pacifiers are mentioned.

Now, parents against pacifiers have one more reason to add to the list.

Kristen Milhone, a mom of a 7-month-old boy, is sending out a warning to other parents about another danger of giving babies pacifiers, especially before putting them to bed.

The Michigan mom explained that a few mornings ago, her son Jack woke up crying, which was something he did not do very often. When she went on to check on him, she noticed that the infant had a bad burn on the side of his face.

“I was just in shock,” Kristen said of the whole ordeal. “I just never thought something like this could happen.”

After measuring the diameter of the wound against the shape of Jack’s pacifier, doctors determined that the burn was a result of the pacifier getting suctioned to his face.

“The binky had fallen out of his mouth and then he had rolled onto it,” Kristen told “Inside Edition.” “You put your kids [to bed] thinking they are safe, and these things you really might trust turn out to be dangerous.”

Though her son was given antibiotics to treat the burn, Kristen is still concerned about scarring and wants the public to know how easily something like this can happen to their child.

“It is amazing how easily this pacifier suction-cups,” she said. “If you press the back of it to your face, then press the nipple, it suctions so quickly! If you even leave it on there for one minute, it leaves a welt, let alone the hours my child slept [on it] that night.”

After hearing Milhone’s complaint, Philips Avent shared this statement with

“We are aware that one of our customers had a specific situation arise while using a Philips Avent Soothie, and we are committed to investigating her concern. We wish to reassure you that all Philips Avent products, including our pacifiers, meet or exceed applicable regulatory requirements, including U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) requirements for children’s products. We also encourage all consumers to adhere to the recommended usage guidance on the product leaflet.”

Still, Kristen said parents need to be careful, and she warns against letting their kids sleep with that brand of pacifier.

“If you are going to use it, take it away from them as soon as they fall asleep, especially when they start rolling around,” she said. “Don’t let them sleep with it in the crib.”

Watch the video below for more details:

Sources: AWM, InsideEdition/Youtube, InsideEdition

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *