She Disappeared Over Five Years Ago, But They Just Found Her….


A woman was reported missing five years ago, and now her family who never gave up hope of finding her faced the worst fear for years as police found her remains.

Cheyann Klus was 22 years old when she was last seen by her family on November 27, 2017, at her home in unincorporated Downers Grove, according to the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office.

The grief-stricken family of Klus on Monday, January 16, announced that police have located her remains. Her remains were found back in December 2022, but she was positively identified last week using dental records, FOX 32 reported.

“While it was not the news we were hoping for, we have received confirmation from law enforcement that Cheyann’s remains were found,” Klus’ family wrote in a Facebook post.

This sudden news no doubt comes as a heartbreaking conclusion to her family, who had held out hope since her sudden vanishing that the young woman was somehow still alive. Everyone knows the deep pain of losing a loved one.

However, the feeling intensifies when that person is taken away without any explanation. It must have been a difficult journey for Klus’s family over these past five years, and now they can finally receive some clarity with an answer as to what happened during this tragedy.

In 2017, Klus was reported missing by her father when she didn’t return to her home. Her father said she had her laptop and a few pieces of clothing when she left but nothing that indicated she would be gone long. Police immediately launched an investigation to locate Klus.

Few days after the authorities learned that Klus traveled on December 1, 2017, to Chicago where she was last seen in the 2100 block of North Kilbourn in the city’s Hermosa neighborhood. She stayed at her friend Brian Biddle’s home in Chicago. Klus’ friend Chad Chanapai told the outlet that Biddle was 16 years older than Klus.

At the time, police confirmed that Biddle is not a suspect or even a person of interest. Det Jeff Leonard said that he is only a witness and has been cooperating. Biddle reportedly told officials that on December 1, 2017, Klus was with him at his house where they drank and spent the whole day together. He also added that after partying, he slept for over 18 hours and when he woke up, Klus was gone. The officials even searched the area near Biddle’s house but found nothing.

Cook County Sheriff’s Office shared a statement:

“The Sheriff’s Office worked closely with the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI to successfully identify the remains of Cheyann Klus through dental records last week. The Sheriff’s Office will continue to work with Chicago Police to investigate the circumstances of her death, but we are grateful to help bring some measure of closure to Klus’s family.”

Watch the video below for more details:

Sources: AWM, FOX 32

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *