President Joe Biden just shows how insensitive he is regardless of what’s happening in Afghanistan after he solely condemns the decision to withdraw the American troops.
The New York Times reported that for more than a week, Samiullah Naderi, a U.S. legal permanent resident, waited days and nights with his wife and son outside the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, hoping to be let in so that they could leave on one of the dozens of daily flights headed to America.
“It’s 50 feet away,” Mr. Naderi, 23, known as Sammy, said Sunday night in a short telephone interview, speaking in halting English, as gunfire crackled in the background. “Maybe the Taliban will let me inside — maybe.”
But on Monday, after being told that no more people would be allowed inside the airport gate, Mr. Naderi and his family returned to their apartment in Kabul with no clear path back to Philadelphia, where he has been living since last year.
“All flights are closed,” he said with an incredulous laugh. “I am scared.”
Mr. Naderi is among at least hundreds of U.S. citizens and potentially thousands of green card holders who are stranded in Afghanistan at the end of a 20-year war that culminated not in a reliable peace, but with a two-week military airlift that evacuated more than 123,000 people.
The evacuations continued through the last U.S. military flight out of Kabul, which departed Monday night, as the Biden administration pledged to help as many as 200 Americans who remained escape from what they fear would be a brutal life under Taliban rule.
“The bottom line: Ninety percent of Americans in Afghanistan who wanted to leave were able to leave,” President Biden said on Tuesday. He said the U.S. government alerted Americans 19 times since March to leave Afghanistan and for those remaining Americans, there is no deadline,” he said. “We remain committed to getting them out if they want to come out.”
The report says that about 6,000 Americans, the vast majority of them dual U.S.-Afghan citizens, were evacuated after Aug. 14, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken said Monday. The State Department has not provided numbers for how many permanent legal U.S. residents have also been evacuated or — as in Mr. Naderi’s case — failed to get on a flight out. Immigration and refugee advocacy groups estimated that thousands remained.
Mr. Blinken described “extraordinary efforts to give Americans every opportunity to depart the country,” as diplomats made 55,000 calls and sent 33,000 emails to U.S. citizens in Afghanistan, and in some cases, walked them into the Kabul airport.
“We have no illusion that any of this will be easy or rapid,” Mr. Blinken said at the State Department’s headquarters in Washington. “This will be an entirely different phase from the evacuation that just concluded. It will take time to work through a new set of challenges. But we will stay at it,” he added.
Zeke Miller posted a tweet confirming President Joe Biden’s plan over the weekend:
Per FAA, Biden will spend the weekend in Wilmington
— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) September 1, 2021
How could you possibly spend a good time while the worst things are happening?
Sources: The Gateway Pundit, The New York Times
1 thought on “While They Are Still Behind Enemy Lines, Biden Is Going To The Basement!”
IF THAT IS BIDEN HE IS IN REALLY BAD SHAPE HEALTH WISE———- LOOK CLOSE HE HAS AGED ALMOST 10YRS AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY HUSBAND.- HE HAS GONE NOW IN 2012. NO WONDER THEY KEPT HIM IN THE BASEMENT. THESE OTHER CLONES BETTER LOOK OUT THEY COULD BE GOING TO JAIL FOR IMPERSONATING A PRESIDENT